Click Here for Standard Entries
Completed entry forms (see rule 11), certification documents (see rule 5) and entry fees (see rule 12 ) must reach the organisers by end of business on Tuesday, 31 July 2012. Late submissions will be considered if prior arrangements have been made in writing with the competitions director on firstname.lastname@example.org or 082 556 8679.
Please enclose a copy of your certification documents (WSR) with the wine samples.
NO ENTRY FORMS OR CERTIFICATION FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY FAX
Online on www.michelangeloawards.com (click on Entries)OR
Entry forms and certification documents delivered by hand with wine samples to our offices at Romond Vineyards, Klein Helderberg Road off the R44, Somerset West by Tuesday, 31 July 2012.
GPS Co-ordinates: S 34° 1' 52.61" E 018° 49' 59.67" View Map
Proof of payment must be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to Ellené on 086 613 4620.
Samples may be delivered during office hours (Monday to Friday ) from 9:00 to 17:00. For delivery enquiries please contact Eddie on 083 210 6835.
Please mark all boxes clearly as follows:
Michelangelo International Wine Awards
C/o Romond Vineyards
Klein Helderberg Road off the R44
Should samples not have been received by close of business on Tuesday, 31 July 2012, such entries will be withdrawn unless prior alternative arrangements have been made with the organiser. In case of late delivery, please notify on 083 210 6835 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Garagiste winemakers:
- The winemaker has to be the producer of his/her own wine from raw material to finished product.
- The winemaker has to fund the production of this wine from raw material to finished product.
- The maximum production acceptable to qualify for a Garagiste winemaker is 9 000 litres/12 000 bottles/225 x 40 barrels TOTAL PRODUCTION
- The winemaker has to be certified as a Garagiste winemaker and registered with SAWIS
- Barrel or tank samples may be accepted, if accompanied by a lab analysis. Other conditions may apply.
- Copies of the WSR2A or WSR4A forms issued by the Wine and Spirit Board must accompany the entry form. In cases where wine is being entered on-line via the internet, such forms must accompany the box of wine samples. Alternatively they may be hand-delivered to our office or mailed by registered mail on P O Box 12444, Die Boord 7613 Stellenbosch to reach us no later than the 31st of July 7613.
- Six bottles of 750ml or 1000ml capacity for each entry must be submitted. Please submit each entry separately boxed and clearly marked on the outside of the box with the class number under which the wine is entered. However, by special request four bottles will be accepted for Garagiste entries.
- Entry samples must be labelled with their final labels or alternatively clearly identifiable with sample labels.
- A copy of the entry form, clearly highlighted for each wine, must accompany the wine samples. Such copies must be attached to the outside of the box.
- No wine which has previously been awarded a Gran D’Or medal and/or a trophy by the Michelangelo International Wine Awards, may be re-entered. Wines which have been awarded gold and silver medals may be re-entered.
- Entry forms can be obtained electronically via our website (www.michelangeloawards.com). These must be submitted no later than Tuesday, 31 July 2012 in order to qualify for entry into the Michelangelo International Wine Awards 2012. The organisers cannot be held responsible for misplaced forms or for forms not received by this date.
a) The entry fee is R600,00 (including VAT) for each Garagiste wine entered. Four bottles are required.
b) Payment should preferably be made electronically or directly into the following account, and the cellar or brand name used as payment reference:
The Michelangelo Wine Co
Bank: First National Bank
Account number: 62101207919
Branch: Stellenbosch (Code: 200 610)
SWIFT code for FNB: FIRNZAJJ
Alternatively cheques may be hand-delivered to our offices in a separate envelope, clearly marked for the attention of Lorraine Immelman.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE CHEQUES OR CASH IN THE WINE SAMPLE CASES. THE ORGANISERS TAKE NO RESONSIBILITY FOR CASH INCLUDED WITH SAMPLES.
c) Proof of payment must be faxed to our bookkeeper, Ellené Barbadimos on 086 613 4620. All enquiries regarding payment or invoices must be directed to her on email@example.com
d) Payment for entries must be received no later than Tuesday, 31 July 2012 unless arrangements have been made with our bookkeeper, Ellené Barbadimos on firstname.lastname@example.org
e) The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Wines will be judged in accordance with the variety or type (the class) to which it belongs.
- Where necessary, the chairman of each judging panel - or failing him/her the Chairman of Judges - will attempt to reach consensus between the panel members as to the score awarded each wine.
The OIV 100 point system is used and medals are awarded as follows:
Gran d’Or (double gold) medal: 96 points and higher
Gold medal: 91 - 95.9 points
Silver medal: 86 - 90.9 points
No bronze medals or merit awards are given.
- Only the top scoring one-third of total entries in the Michelangelo International Wine Awards will be eligible for medals, and are calculated according to the judges’ final scores. However, where a number of wines qualify for a medal in terms of the medal cut-off point, all wines with that score will be awarded the appropriate medal.
- All results, as well as the judging process of The Michelangelo CCL Label International Wine Awards are audited. Our appointed auditors are J Vermooten Chartered Accountants (SA).
- The highest scoring Garagiste Wine entered will be awarded the Garagiste Trophy, as well as the appropriate medal for that particular wine, based on the judges’ scores.
Bottle medal stickers:
- The official Michelangelo International Wine Awards self-adhesive stickers can be ordered and collected from The Michelangelo office at 18 Suikerbossie Drive, Gordon’s Bay from Monday, 17 September 2012. Alternatively, please indicate on the order form (available from www.michelangeloawards.com from Friday, 14 September 2012 at 15:00), should you wish the stickers to be mailed to you.
- Once collected, no stickers will be returned for a refund and the named estate/producers will be held responsible for payment of such stickers.
- If cork defects or any organo-leptic defects are found in more than two bottles per entry, the particular entry will be disqualified.
- The awards function will take place on Friday, 7 September 2012. Details will be made available on the website under Events in due course.
- Bookings will only be confirmed once payment via the internet or directly into our account has been received. Please note that no cash will be accepted for payment of tickets on the day of the function.
- As soon as proof of payment has been received, bookings will be confirmed via e-mail or fax - please ensure that your booking has been confirmed as such before your party's arrival at the awards function on 7 September.
- All account and invoicing enquiries should be directed to Ellene on email@example.com.
- For further information or other enquiries please contact Lorraine Immelman on 082 556 8679 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Michelangelo office on 021-856 3194.